EngOut is a chapter of EngiQueers Canada!
The mandate of EngiQueers Canada (occasionally referred to as “EQ Canada”) surrounds the goal and intention of promoting and advocating for the inclusion of LGBTQ+ students (and their allies) in engineering schools across Canada. The role of EQ Canada in this will be as follows: EngiQueers Canada is to act in the role of a governing body of any and all LGBTQ+ Student Engineering Societies across Canada. The main goals of this governing body are as follows:
- To provide a platform and to facilitate communication between all active organizations, with the intention of organizations sharing best practices, biggest learnings, and helping one another solve organizational or political problems as they happen.
- To assist with the sustainability and continuity of all organizations.
- To help coordinate physical, in-person meetups between local and national chapters.
- To encourage the creation of more chapters in engineering schools across the nation.
- To share contact information of local LGBTQ+ engineering professionals (with consent) for the purpose of school visits, panel discussions and various other professional events.
Connect with EngiQueers Canada: